Home ii Forums Behavior Issues Dad wants his car Reply To: Dad wants his car

  • John W

    June 8, 2020 at 11:16 am

    Here is a suggestion that was given to me by a local dementia expert.

    1) Get a note from the doctor saying that your father has dementia and cannot drive
    2) Take the note to the police department and tell them that they may be receiving a call from your father saying his car was stolen.
    3) Ask the police to respond by saying that they will investigate it and play along with it. They should act as if the car was stolen
    4) A few days later, have someone call your dad pretending to be the police saying something like “This is Sgt. Wilson. We have found your truck but unfortunately, it was set on fire and has been destroyed. Where would you like us to tow it (then give him a few options of junkyards)